Aware of the lack of Catholic educational facilities on the secondary level for the youth of St. Anthony Parish and neighboring parishes, the late Rev. Leo P. Hak, Pastor, founded St. Anthony High School in September, 1952. Until the 1992-93 academic year, the pastor of St. Anthony Parish was the executive director of the high school. During that year the school became a private high school and its governance was designated to be administered by the following officials in the Archdiocese of Newark and their respective successors in office: The Archbishop of Newark, The Vicar General, the Vicar of Education, and one priest of the Archdiocese of Newark. These comprise the Members of the Corporate Board, who have appointed a Board of Trustees.
The faculty aims to educate the boys and girls entrusted to it according to the Catholic philosophy of life by the development of human and Christian values that will enable them to take their places in the community as intelligent, spiritually vigorous, cultured, vocationally prepared, and open-minded Americans.